Kruger National Park Safari 2021
All events postponed to future date due to Covid pandemic
LR Classic Safaris authentic Series Safari for 11 days to Kruger National Park from Wednesday 14 July 2021 to Sunday 25 July 2021
Join us on an authentic epic camping safari offered by LR Classic Safaris to KNP for 12 days (11 nights) from Wednesday 14 July 2021 to Sunday 25 July 2021. Fully self-sufficient self-drive safari in Series Land Rovers. Series Land Rover vehicle rentals available on request.
Cost per vehicle with 2 occupants only R7,950!! Cost includes all camping and guiding fees, adventure and trip planning, pre-paid bookings, trip goody bag, and optional last night luxury accommodation (bed and breakfast) at Critchley Hackle Lodge in Dullstroom. Please note the cost excludes Wild Card / conservation fees, all meals, fuel, toll fees, etc. Please ensure you have a fixed VHF communications radio – for convoy driving, game spotting and general comms.
Bookings: www.lrclassic.com or call André on 083 640 3057 (SMS or WhatsApp).
Itinerary: Camping with ablutions
- Wednesday 14 July: Rendezvous at Thaba Monate just outside Bela-Bela for the first night camping. Arrive in your own time.
- Thursday 15 July: Depart to Magoebaskloof Getaway Lodge – via Modimole, Mookgapong, Mokopane, Polokwane Magoebaskloof. Distance to Magoebaskloof: 240km; estimated travel time 6 hours, including a lunchbreak at The Ranch.
- Friday 16 July: Drive scenic routes around Magoebaskloof – rest day, fly-fishing, etc. Visit Debegeni Falls and do a forest 4x4 route.
- Saturday 17 July: Depart to Kruger National Park’s Punda Maria gate and camp at Punda Maria Rest camp. Distance to Punda Maria: 210km; estimated travel time 6 hours.
- Sunday 18 July and Monday 19 July: Depart to Tsendze Rustic Camp site (no electricity) for the next two nights. Distance to Tsendze: 150km on game viewing routes. Full-day travelling – a stunning camp site with lots of dirt roads to travel.
- Tuesday 20 July: Depart to Letaba Rest camp. Distance to Letaba: 50 km on game viewing routes. Full-day travelling.
- Wednesday 21 July: Depart to Satara Rest camp. Distance to Satara: 80km on game viewing routes. Full-day travelling.
- Thursday 22 July: Depart to Skukuza Rest camp. Distance to Skukuza: 100km on game viewing routes. Full-day travelling.
- Friday 23 July: Depart to Pretoriuskop Rest camp. Distance to Pretoriuskop: 100km on game viewing routes. Full-day travelling.
- Saturday 24 July: Exit KNP and drive to Dullstroom via Sabie and Lydenburg – drive the Longtom Pass! Distance to Dullstroom: 185km; estimated driving time: 5 hours. Here we will do the luxury thing and stay over in chalets at Critchley Hackle Lodge – no camping! The rooms each have its own fireplace. Please note that this is optional and at own cost.
- Sunday 25 July: Return home; +-250km to Gauteng.
Note: The convoy will be limited to 5 guest vehicles only – early booking is essential to ensure participation on this epic Safari to Kruger National Park. A VHF communication radio is compulsory for this Safari.
- ZAR: R 7,950.00